HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) has put rigorous special tax compliance regulations in place for the construction industry where subcontractors are used on projects. Failure to follow these rules could lead to severe and avoidable tax penalties and the loss of “qualifying status”. In the worst cases, contracts could be lost as a result of action by HMRC.
It is also worth noting that increasingly aggressive anti-avoidance legislation has been introduced in recent years, some of which is aimed specifically at UK property owners. At Berkshire Accounting, we can advise on how any of these measures will affect you and how to avoid falling foul of the taxman.
Our services include:
- Registering your sub-contractors.
- Verifying your sub-contractors.
- Producing verification certificates.
- Producing payment certificates.
- Producing payslips for your sub-contractors.
- Calculating pay totals for your sub-contractors.
- Submitting Monthly CIS Return.
- Preparing contract of services for your sub-contractors.